We Need More Peaceful Passing Companions.Apply now!
Time & Location
About the Event
Amitabha Hospice needs more Peaceful Passing Companions. Peaceful Passing Companions are special volunteers who have been trained to give spiritual support to people of different religions or no religion who are facing the end of their life or a serious health crisis. Amitabha Hospice has been offering this service since 2011. This Peaceful Passing Companion training is taught with the Level 1, NZ Buddhist Chaplaincy Course on 20, 21 & 22 August 2021 at Amitabha Hospice. If accepted into the training the cost is $200 to be paid by Friday 30 July. Application procedure: 1. Each question (below) must be answered in an attachment, emailed to Ecie Hursthouse email@example.com by Monday 7 June. Please place the number beside your answer to each question.
- Your name, home address, email address, skype name and telephone number(s). We can use zoom if you don't use skype.
- What is your motivation for becoming a Peaceful Passing Companion?
- What has been your volunteer experience, personal experience with caregiving, or other relevant work experience?
- What spiritual practice do you identify with?
- Do you do a particular practice or meditation every day?
- Have you had any formal training in any religion, as a child or adult?
- Have you had any training in counseling or listening skills?
- How much time do you have to volunteer as a Peaceful Passing Companion?
- What is your age? Are you currently employed?
- Please provide two character referees in NZ with their phone numbers. No letters of recommendation, just names and contact details of people who are willing to answer questions on the phone about you.
2. Applications will be reviewed and then an appointment will be made for a skype or zoom interview. 3. Successful applicants will then be accepted into the 3-day workshop. At the conclusion of the three days, the participants are accepted as Peaceful Passing Companions.